Thursday, April 12, 2018

CrossFit Kids Athlete Spotlight: Sydney H.


Name:
Sydney H.

Age/Grade: 
I am 15 years old and in 9th grade.

Hobbies/interests:
Of course CrossFit is one of my hobbies but I love weightlifting too! I also like baking, taking pictures, and hanging around with my 3 dogs Zoe, Thomas, and Gus.

How long have you been coming to CrossFit KOP: 
I’ve been coming to CFKOP consistently for almost 3 years, but I did private classes with Coach Steph when I was in 4th grade.

What do you like best about coming to the gym:
I like the motivation that comes with it. It’s way easier to lift at the box than it is to do my program alone at home. I also like having a predetermined workout and knowing it before I come to the gym so I’m ready ;)

What is your favorite exercise or workout:
I really like Helen but anything with overhead squats is good too!

What accomplishment in the gym or sports are you most proud of:
I am proud to say that I can clean and jerk more than I weigh!

What do you want to accomplish in the gym this year: 
I really want to get on the record board in the main gym for push-ups!!! Getting bar muscle-ups would be amazing too! Oh and I also want to work on butterfly pull-ups and stringing toes to bar.

What are your long term goals in the gym or in sports:
I would eventually like to qualify for junior nationals in weightlifting.



No comments:

Post a Comment