Thursday, January 31, 2013

Teen Athlete of the Month



 Congratulations Charly!

How old are you?
I am 18 years old. An adult basically.

Do play any sports?
I row with the Upper Merion Crew. I have rowed in the Schuylkill River for two and a half years.

How long have you been doing CrossFit?
I have been in CrossFit for two years. I was introduced to it through rowing.

What CrossFit exercise is your favorite?
My favorite exercise is wall-climbing, push ups, and box jumps. This is my favorite exercise because it allows me to practice my handstands.

Your Least Favorite?
My least favorite workout is kipping pull- ups, squat thrusters, and a 200m run. This is my least favorite workout because I am terrible at kipping pull-ups and squat thrusters. The 200 m run is the best part about the exercise because I love to run.

What was your favorite game, or moment at CrossFit so far?
My favorite game in CrossFit is dodge ball. It is fun because of the fast pace of the game and the experience of dodging, catching, and throwing.

What would you like to get better at in CrossFit?
I would like to get better at kipping pull-ups and normal pull-ups. I want to be able to pull myself up on a bar so that I can do a muscle up one day.

Anything else we should know about you?
I love to explore new sports and new workouts. Also, I like to push myself to learn more about the body and how it works. Learning about my body is one thing I like about CrossFit because everyday I learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment