Monday, March 14, 2016

Teen Athlete of the Month- Sydney


Sydney has been a part of our community for quite some time but over the last 6 months has become one of our most consistent youth members.  Sydney participates in our CrossFit teen classes as well as our Bridgeport Barbell Juniors Club and has competed in several weightlifting meets.  Sydney's athletic abilities have grown tremendously over these months as well as her confidence. We are so happy to have Sydney as a part of the community and can't wait to see what she will accomplish next!




Age/Grade: 

I am thirteen years old and I am currently in seventh grade.




How long have you been coming to CrossFit KoP?

I have been coming to CrossFit KoP since 2013, but I have been coming more frequently since 2015.


How did you get started?

I tried a free class with my mom. That class just happened to be Murph. 



What other hobbies/sports are you involved with outside of the gym?

I am a synchronized swimmer.


What accomplishment as an athlete are you the most proud of?

I am extremely proud of myself for improving my snatch and clean and jerk with Coach Steph. 



What do you want to get better at or improve most?

I would like to improve the number of kipping pull-ups I can do.



What are your long term goals, as an athlete and otherwise?

Someday I would like to deadlift as much as my mom, and eventually do twenty strict pull-ups.


What are your favorite workouts? Lifts? 

My favorite workout would most likely be any one that involves deadlifts. I love deadlifts and the clean and jerk.



What do you like most about coming to CrossFit king of Prussia?

I really like that the coaches encourage me to do my best and they always help me improve. 



What do you think makes you a role model to other young athletes?

Well, my synchronized swimming coach always says that I am a great leader to the younger girls on the team, so maybe that applies at CrossFit KoP too.

No comments:

Post a Comment